Tuna & Sweet Potato “Bruschetta” (Servings 4-8)
• 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise into ¼ inch slices
• 1 tsp. olive oil
• 2 cans Tuna (packed in water) (do not drain)
• 2½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• ⅓ cup packed basil, roughly chopped
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
• salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Place sweet potato slices in a mixing bowl and toss with 1 tsp. olive oil.
4. Spread sweet potato slices out evenly on baking sheets, giving each slice a little space.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip to the other side and bake for 10 more minutes until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, toss the tuna (AND tuna water), cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
7. When sweet potatoes are done, let cool.
8. Top sweet potato slices with tuna mixture, and enjoy!