Banana Nut Muffins
Muffins for breakfast? They can be a healthy choice when they are packed with nutrients like the muffins in this recipe.
- ⅓ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup nut butter of your choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp each baking soda and baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line cups of a muffin tin with paper liners.
In a blender, spice mill or food processor, grind the oats until they turn into a flour-like consistency. Set aside
In a large bowl, blend bananas, eggs, coconut, vanilla and nut butter until combined. Add the oat flour, spices, baking soda and powder and salt and continue to mix.
Fold in the nuts.
Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and bake about 15-18 minutes. You will know they are done when a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Remove from the tin to continue cooling.