Hearty Lentil Soup
This is a favorite comfort food soup! It’s a classic lentil soup: It’s warm, hearty and filling … and it’s even better the second day.
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- 3 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 16-ounce can tomatoes
- Optional: crumbled goat cheese
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot and sauté the onions and carrot for 3 to 5 minutes, until they are softened. Add dried herbs and sauté 1 minute.
- Add stock, lentils, salt, parsley, and tomatoes and cook, covered, until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes.
- When it’s done, place in bowls and serve.
Optional: when serving, put 2 tablespoons of goat each in each bowl before adding the soup for a creamier version.