It’s like nature’s candy, isn’t it? So sweet and delicious … and yet so good for you!This week, your challenge is to eat fruit – preferably fresh or unsweetened, frozen fruit, and NO FRUIT JUICES – every day.
Men should aim for 2 cups daily, and women should aim for 1.5 cups. The more colorful, the better.Fruit is jam-packed with fiber, antioxidants, phytochemicals and other amazing nutrients to keep your body healthy.
Seriously, check this out:
* The potassium in fruit can cut your risk of heart disease and stroke, as well as reduce the risk of kidney stones and bone loss as you get older.
* Many fruits also contain folic acid, which helps form red blood cells. This is super important for women who plan to get pregnant (or who are pregnant!) to help prevent birth defects.
* Eating fruit also can lower your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
* More and more research is also pointing to the health-promoting benefits of phytochemicals in fruits.
* Plus, the fiber in fruit helps to sustain the healthy bacteria living in our gut!
Want more info? www.canadianliving.com/…/the-top-25-healthy-fruits-blueberr…
We love to put fruit in my green smoothies. I also love to snack on some frozen cherries instead of giving in to my ice cream cravings!You in for this sweet challenge!? Let us know below!