Any time I can have fruit on my salad it makes me look forward to lunchtime! If you meal prep by pre-cooking chicken, this one comes together in a snap with a simple oil-and-vinegar dressing. (Time-saving option: buy an organic rotisserie chicken at the grocery store.)
- 3 cups salad greens
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped salad veggies, your choice: peppers, carrots, onions, etc.
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 oz grilled or roasted chicken, chopped
- ¼ to ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 cup berries: sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate seeds, whatever you like
- 2 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- (optional: 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese)
Wash salad greens and place in big salad bowl. Add in the grape tomatoes, salad veggies and chicken.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar and add in the salt and pepper to taste. Whisk again as you pour over the salad greens. Toss together to mix.
Add the chicken, avocado, berries, pumpkin/sunflower seeds and optional goat cheese and toss again. Serve and enjoy!