Thai Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
This colorful soup is packed with good-for-you ingredients … and it tastes amazing!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha or other hot sauce (the more, the spicier!)
- 3 peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cups peeled and diced carrots
- 3 cups low-salt vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Optional: Lime wedge and goat cheese
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for 3 to 4 minutes before adding the garlic, ginger, curry paste and hot sauce. Saute for another couple minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and carrots, seasoning well with salt and pepper. Mix together well so the vegetables are well-coated and then pour in the broth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, before reducing to low. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Remove from the heat, and carefully use an immersion/stick blender to puree the soup. You also can use a high-speed blender to puree the soup in batches, being careful to avoid backsplash.
- Return to the pot and stir in the coconut milk, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup topped with an optional lime wedge and sprinkling of pumpkin seeds. This also tastes great with a little goat cheese stirred in.
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)