Egg Roll Bowl (Serves: 4)
This is a super versatile recipe. You can experiment with using pretty much any ground meat you’d like. It also can help feed your cravings for takeout Chinese food!
- 2 tbsp sesame or coconut oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2-3 tbsp of diced fresh ginger
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of sriracha or other hot sauce
- 14-oz bag of your favorite coleslaw mix (I like rainbow slaw)
- 3 tbsp of gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp of vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar but rice vinegar is more authentic)
- Optional garnish: toasted sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in the garlic, onion and saute until the onion is soft. Add in the diced ginger and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with optional sesame seeds and serve.
- Stir in the ground chicken, a pinch of salt and pepper and the hot sauce. Keep cooking until the chicken is done. Next, stir in the coleslaw, coconut aminos and vinegar and continue until the coleslaw is tender.
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)