Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
This super-easy recipe is not only tasty but it will make preparing many of your other meals during the week a snap! That’s because when you’re done you’ll have several servings of chicken on-hand to toss into salads, serve with veggies, or eat as a snack!
1 tbsp each of chili powder and smoked paprika
1 tsp each of dried thyme and marjoram
Whole chicken, neck and giblets removed
Kosher or Himalayan sea salt
Freshly ground black paper
- Grease the inside of a large slow cooker with coconut oil. Make a few small balls of aluminum foil and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker to make a rack for the chicken.In a bowl, mix together the spices.
- Using paper towels, pat the chicken dry, and then season it with salt and pepper, and then rub the spice mixture into the chicken. You can truss – or tie together – the chicken legs if you want, but it is not necessary.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker, breast side up. Cook on high for 2½ to 3½ hours. You’ll know it’s done when the juices run clear and a thermometer inserted into the thigh reaches 165 degrees.
- Take the chicken out of the slow cooker. If you prefer crispier skin, you can broil the chicken in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest 5-10 minutes before carving.