Simple Butternut Squash Soup
⦁ 1 (2-2½lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
⦁ 1 medium sweet onion, diced
⦁ 3-4 cups vegetable broth
⦁ 2-4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
⦁ olive oil
⦁ salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spread the squash over a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle squash with salt and toss to combine. Spread out the squash again on the baking sheet.
4. Roast the squash for 30-40 minutes, or until tender and the edges are starting to turn golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, in a sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, lower heat to med-low, and stir until caramelized. Season with salt (optional).
6. When the squash and onions are finished cooking, let them cool and add to blender or food processor + 3 cups of vegetable broth + 2-3 tsp. of balsamic vinegar. Puree until smooth!
7. Season as needed with additional salt, pepper, or balsamic vinegar.