Spicy Oven-Roasted Okra (Servings 4)
• 1 pound fresh okra, rinsed and dried thoroughly
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (double for extra spicy!)
• ¼ cup olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Trim tops and bottom tips off of the okra. Cut okra in half lengthwise.
3. In a mixing bowl, toss the okra, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and olive oil together.
4. On a baking pan, spread the okra and roast for 15 -20 minutes, or until golden brown.