Ever feel like you want to give your body a fresh start or a little extra boost? What about clear out that head fog? Or get rid of that extra bloating?
When you’re feeling that way, it sounds like the PERFECT day to do a 24 hour fruit and veggie detox! We always feel amazing and rejuvenated after flooding my body with so many vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients.
Not only that – but it’s also about what you’re NOT putting into your body (caffeine, dairy, animal protein, gluten, etc.) It gives your digestive system a chance to rest and repair.
This week, your challenge is a simple 1-Day Detox! Pick a day when you will eat a plant-based diet: plenty of veggies and fruits with NO ADDED PROTEIN.
You can do salads and fresh juices…. or steam, bake, roast, or stir-fry! For dressings, try using healthy fats like avocado and olive oil, or a combo, it’s your pick!
One big benefit of doing a 1-day detox is to be mindful when it comes to how your thoughts – and your body – respond over the course of the day.
Do you feel energized or tired? (A little tired is normal DURING the detox… the following day should be a different story!)
Do you notice the voice in your head start to rebel? What does it say to you? If you listen with detachment, you might pick up important information about your relationship with certain kinds of foods.
Stumped about what to eat? Don’t overthink it! Here’s a sample 1-day detox to get some ideas flowing:
● Upon rising: Morning Mojo! Grab your favorite mug and fill it with purified room-temp water, 1/4 fresh squeezed lemon juice and a pinch of cayenne pepper
● Breakfast: Your favorite green juice or smoothie (no dairy)
● Mid morning: Herbal tea with an apple & almond butter
● Lunch: A lettuce wrap with avocado and loaded up with veggies
● Midafternoon: Herbal tea with some fresh cut veggies
● Dinner: A big salad loaded with veggies and fresh-squeezed lemon for dressing, or a soup such as gazpacho
● Before bed: Herbal tea
Don’t plan a strenuous workout for your detox day, as you might notice your energy isn’t as robust as on days you eat your normal diet.
What day this week will YOU do a plant-based detox? Have you done them before?