Cilantro Lime Rice (Servings 4)
• 1 cup white rice
• 2 cups low sodium chicken stock (organic if possible)(or vegetable stock)
• 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
• 2 Tbsp. lime juice
• 1 clove garlic
• ½ tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. olive oil
• splash of water
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, and sauté rice until lightly browned
2. Add stock and salt to the rice and stir.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a light simmer. Cover, and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
4. Meanwhile, rinse chop cilantro roughly
5. In a blender, add cilantro, lime juice and garlic clove, 1-2 Tbsp. water or olive oil, and blend everything together.
6. Add the cilantro mixture to the cooked rice and mix thoroughly! If needed, season with salt. Garnish with fresh cilantro, and enjoy!